POSITION: INTERNAL AUDITOR LICENSED: NO
DEPARTMENT: Compliance Department GRADE: DOE
REPORTS TO: Gaming Commission Administrator STATUS: Non-Exempt
Full time position, working variable shifts as required to inspect and monitor gaming activities. Performs regulatory compliance audits and inspections of Tribal gaming activities for the Bay Mills Gaming Commission. Will maintain regular, cooperative communication with gaming management and staff to insure adherence to established internal control systems and procedures.
- Develops, implements and maintains a comprehensive audit program for tribal gaming activities.
- Conducts audits of all Tribal gaming operational activities and written procedures and systems in compliance with the Tribal Minimum Internal Control Standards, the Tribal/State Compact, or any other applicable gaming laws, rules and regulations.
- Uses a variety of auditing techniques including checklists, observation and interviewing employees involved in operation being audited; performing sample examinations and tests of documents using statistical sampling techniques.
- Correlates information and data from various sources to verify findings; Prepares quarterly reports on audits conducted and makes recommendations to the Gaming Commission and Gaming General Manager regarding necessary action or modifications.
- Prepares work papers and files ensuring that such material contains sufficient, competent and relevant evidential matter to support conclusions rendered in quarterly reports to the Gaming Commission.
- Analyze games performance records, exception reports and other similar documents using a variety of techniques for suspicious activity.
- Report suspicious activity or other areas of concern discovered while conducting audits and Assist in the special investigations relating to audit or accounting concerns as directed.
- Assists with the development and implementation of new or modified internal controls as needed or dictated by federal and/or tribal law.
- Prepares special audit and control reports as directed.
- Assists Gaming Commission, Commission staff and gaming staff in resolving areas of non-compliance to ensure future compliance of all internal controls.
- Provides training and serves as a resource to other tribal/gaming staff.
- All other gaming and job related duties as assigned by the Gaming Commission.
- Other duties may be assigned within the scope and complexity of this position’s essential functions.
- Must attend all mandatory trainings designated through the Human Resources Department and/or Department Director; including Title 31.
EXTENT OF AUTHORITY:
Performs auditing functions in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Practices and reports findings related to internal control structure. Provides reports to the Gaming Commission, Gaming General Manager, Chief Financial Officer and other Tribal entities as necessary
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit with occasional walking and standing. Occasionally the employee must bend, crouch, kneel, push/pull, and be able to reach above shoulder level. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to use their hands for repetitive action such as using computer keyboards. Occasionally the employee must work early morning or late evening hours.
1. Three to five years experience in an auditing or similar position.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field desired.
3. Experience in the Gaming Industry desired.
4. Must be able to obtain a gaming license through the Bay Mills Gaming Commission and maintain eligibility throughout employment.
5. Knowledge of computers and computer applications.
6. Excellent communication skills required.
7. Must be able to communicate written conclusions effectively and efficiently in report format.
8. Must have an excellent past work record.
perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform each function listed under the essential functions and
physical demands categories of this position description.
PREFERENCE: Preference will be given to those of Native American descent.
CLOSING DATE: September 17, 2014 (4:30pm)
APPLY TO: Send Resume, job bid form and list of references to:
Heather Lyons; Recruiter
Bay Mills Human Resources Department
12124 W. Lakeshore Drive
Brimley, MI 49715
Subject: Internal Auditor