top of page
Bay Mills Indian Community Land Office

Jeffrey Graham, Land Office Coordinator 

12140. W. Lakeshore Drive  Brimley, MI 49715

(located in the tribal administration building)

Phone: 906-248-8124

Hours of Operation Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

The Bay Mills Land Office is responsible for the following:

  • Maintain all Reservation Maps

  • Maintain files for each lot on Reservation with legal description, certificate of survey and resolution/lease, if applicable.

  • Maintain an updated list for Land Requests.

  • Assists Tribal Members with requests for Land Lease application process

  • Assists the Tribal Manager (TM) with any land or lease related need associated with Grant and Contract programs.

  • Draft resolutions and residential leases, under supervision of Tribe’s Legal Department, for Executive Council approval.

  • Updating the  Bay Mills Lease Log

  • Work with the Chippewa County Equalization office for requesting all new addresses on the reservation.

  • Maintain a current 911 Tribal Address Log and Tribal Map for the Reservation.

  • Accept and process all applications for Water and Sanitation service requests by individual tribal members in collaboration with the Tribal Engineer.

  • Community planning

  • Reviewing and updating community zoning ordinances and processes.

  • Assist Legal department in Fee to Trust Applications.

  • Maintain and update GIS Mapping for Bay Mills Indian Community governmental departments.

  • Plantation Hill Procedures



Other Related Ordinances can be found here at the Tribal Court website.

Bay Mills Indian Community I.H.S Water/Sewer Assistance


The Bay Mills Indian Community in conjunction with Indian Health Services Sanitation Services annually offers a limited number of grants for Tribal Member assistance with the installation of water and sewer or septic services. A Tribal Member can only be served once in a lifetime for these services. The home must be located within Chippewa County and be a primary residence. Applications should be submitted well in advance of the time the services will be needed as the total process takes several months before any work can start and only a few are funded each year.



*Application for Sanitation Facilities

bottom of page